In a PHE and non-PHE environment, there are certain things I would like to pay extra attention to while teaching. As I continue my education and gain more experience, I plan to learn more about these points and discover ways I can implement them in my classroom.

Positive Relationships

As I mentioned in my teaching philosophy, positive relationships are a huge part of teaching. Whether this be in the PHE classroom or while teaching academics, creating positive relationships is critical for a students’ learning journey. To create a space for positivity in my classroom, I will focus on getting to know the students and sharing information about myself as well. Furthermore, I plan to use positive language in the classroom and teach lessons with enthusiasm, as well as demonstrate respect to my students.

Every Student is Unique

During my experiences with kids, I have learned that each child approaches learning experience differently. It is important to keep in mind that not all students will understand a single approach to learning. So, it is crucial to provide options and adaptations so each student can thrive in their learning environment.

Personal Interests/ Inquiry

Integrating personal interests in lessons is a great way to keep students engaged and excited to learn. This year, I was introduced to inquiry. I love the concept of providing opportunities to incorporate their personal interests in their studies and learn in a way that makes sense to them. In the classroom and in PHE, I plan to incorporate student interests to make learning engaging and meaningful for the students. Rather this be through inquiry, or by teaching a sports unit on a class favourite activity, I look forward to discovering ways to integrate personal interests in the classroom. As I continue my education, I plan to discover more ways to integrate personal interests, or more specifically inquiry, in both the PHE classroom and with academics.

P.S. The photo in this post is by Element5Digital on Unsplash.