I’ve included my favourite lesson plans/ projects that I created this year. These assignments demonstrate my values in the classroom and how I plan to approach teaching and learning.

Presentation on Positive Teacher-Student Relationships

As I mentioned in my teaching philosophy, positive teacher-student relationships are something I value when I consider my role as an educator. I did research on this topic to discover how I might approach positive relationships in the classroom, and I created this presentation to summarize my learnings. Here is the project:

Grade 2 Art Unit Plan

One of my peers and I created an art unit plan for Grade 2 students. This unit plan includes activities that students can engage in over the course of a month to learn about the element of colour. While creating this unit plan, we had student autonomy in mind, as the students have plenty of freedom in how they might want to share their knowledge and create unique pieces of art.

Grade 3 Story Drama

Myself and two of my peers created a Grade 3 drama lesson. This lesson is based on a story book and includes various drama activities to help students understand the message of the story. I really like this lesson because it allows students to step outside their comfort zone and engage in drama activities.

Math Assignment

For my math class, I completed an investigation assignment. For this project, we were tasked to work on an open-ended math question that has various potential answers. I really enjoyed working on this math assignment and I would love to include questions similar to this in my future classroom to provide the opportunity for students to showcase their knowledge in a way that makes sense to them.

Grade 3 English Language Arts Unit

My friend Sarah and I created lessons to teach Grade 3 students about descriptive writing. The lessons follow a gradual release approach, where they have guided instruction, collaborative work, and finally independent practice.

P.S. The photo in this post is by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash.