During EPHE 310 and 311, I have had the opportunity to create lessons and discover resources that I can hopefully utilize in my future classroom.

Kindergarten Jump Rope Lesson Plan

The first lesson plan I created was a Kindergarten lesson plan for a jump rope unit! I think jump rope is a really fun unit for primary students and a great activity to help students develop locomotor movements and coordination. Here is my lesson plan:

Grade 3 Gymnastics Unit Plan

During EPHE 310, I also created lessons for a Grade 3 gymnastics unit. I planned six lessons that teach students the fundamentals of gymnastics, including gymnastic travels, balances, jumping, and rolls. Here is my unit plan:

Dance Resource Kit

Another assignment I created during EPHE 310 was a resource kit. This document includes four resources that can be used to introduce students to dance. The resource has different adaptations and games that can be used for students in Kindergarten to Grade 5. It is a great place to start when looking for ways to integrate dance in a PHE classroom! Here is the resource bundle:

Grade 4 Highland Dance Unit Plan

For EPHE 311, one of my peers and I created a Highland dance unit plan for a Grade 4 class. Highland dance is not usually something that students have the opportunity to participate in, so it was fun to discover ways in which Highland dance can be introduced in a PHE classroom. I loved learning about Highland dance from my partner and working together to create fun lessons to teach students about the sport! Here is our unit plan:

PHE Presentation – Anxiety

Another project I worked on with two of my peers was a presentation that can provide information to other educators on how they may approach teaching students about anxiety. Along with this presentation, we also included some classroom practices that can help students manage anxiety, as well as a resource list with webpages and readings that can provide educators with information about this topic.

Throughout EPHE 310 and 311, I created an abundance of lessons and resources that I would love to use in my future PHE classroom! I am really proud of each of these projects that I created and I hope to make use of them one day!

P.S. The photo in this post is from Marino Bobetic on Unsplash.